|Paleo Holiday Recipes|
Holidays are festive time for family relatives and friends. Close relatives, distant relatives and friends gather express love, appreciate elders and new little family members. The center piece of the party is food and drinks. Generally, one family member will plan a family meal. It is custom for visiting family members and friends to bring their famous recipe secret food dishes to add to the festivities. Menu choices have changed in the last decade. People want tasty but nutritious diets. People are requesting low fat, low carbohydrate and preservative free diets. What Is The Paleo Diet? The Paleo Diet provides delicious, easy recipes, macro-nutritious recipes that are low in fats, sugar and starches. Paleo food list: lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetable, nuts, seeds and natural spices and herbs. No grains, No dairy, No proceeded food, No soy and No preservatives. Enjoy Paleo Meals for Holidays and Year Around Paleo Recipes. Taste is NOT sacrificed for nutrition.
Christmas Cookie and Icing Recipes-
|Paleo Thanksgiving Turkey and Turkey Stuffing Recipe|
1 (9 pound) turkey
1/4 cup virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Poultry seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Remove turkey neck and giblets
- Thoroughly rinse turkey and pat dry.
- Rub turkey with olive oil.
- Season turkey with poultry seasoning, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff turkey with fruit and nut stuffing.
- Wrap seasoned and stuffed turkey in aluminium foil.
- Place covered turkey place in baking dish and bake for approximately 3 hours.
aleo stuffing recipes are wheat, corn, potatoe, rice and dairy free. No wheat No grains, No dairy, No soy and No preservative. Paleo nutritious low fat and low carb stuffing recipes. Stuff turkey with combination of healthy low fat turkey giblets, fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs and spices. Bread used in recipes are wheat, grain and dairy free.
Paleo Apple and Cranberry Stuffing Recipe
|Paleo Fruit and Vegetable Stuffing Recipes|
- 2 tbsp coconut virgin oil
- 5 stalks diced celery
- 1 medium diced red onion
- 6 cups Paleo bread (cut 1/2 inches)
- 3 unpeeled cored GrannySmith apples (diced)
- 2 cups whole raw cranberries
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth (to taste)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 cups walnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 tspn grounded cloves
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tspn poultry seasoning (natural to taste)
- 1 tspn sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tspn black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon or lime
Turkey neck and giblets
- Boil neck and giblets until thoroughly cooked
- Remove cooked turkey meat from neck. Discard neck bones.
- Finely dices neck meat and giblets (set aside)
- In medium pan cover with coconut oil. Combine vegetables, fruits with fresh lemon juice. Saute celery, red onion, apple, red pepper, garlic, cranberries, walnuts, garlic, clove include poultry seasoning, sea salt and pepper.
- Add Paleo bread and broth.
- Included diced turkey neck meat and giblets
- Saute dressing mixture until vegetables and fruit tender.
- Drain any excess moisture.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stuff turkey can bake excess at 375 degrees F. for approximate 20 minutes until firm and slightly brown.
Paleo Cranberry Orange Relish Recipe
No Thanksgiving, Christmas or Holiday dinner is complete without cranberry relish. Paleo relish recipe combines fresh cranberries, red onions, jalapeno peppers, oranges or lime juice, celery and walnuts. Delicious, tangy, sweet and healthy vitamin and mineral packed Thanksgiving Paleo side dish recipe.
|Cranberry Orange Relish Paleo Recipe|
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peels
- 2 finely chopped celery stalks (string remove)
- 1/4 cup mint leave finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup honey or agave (honey or agave not allowed in Orthodoxes Paleo diet. I used honey or agave in my Paleo recipes.
- Place cranberries in food processor pulse to chop coarsely.
- Transfer to medium bowl.
- Add all other ingredients (except mint and walnuts). Blend well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for approximately 6 hours or to taste.
- Before serving top with mints and walnuts.
Paleo Fruit Recipes
Paleo Apple Walnut Salad Recipe
Holiday salad recipe. Serve something different the Paleo Salad. Arugula is a herb combined with chopped apples, cranberries, red onions and walnuts. Slight coat apples with lemon or lime juice to prevent apples browning. Top with Paleo balsamic dressing. No processed sugar or preservative Mother Nature natural salad recipe.
|Paleo Apple Walnut Salad Recipe|
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 1/2 cup washed and cored apples cut
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red onions
- 1 1/2 cup halved walnuts
1 1 lemon or lime
- 1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Wash arugula, apples, cranberries and set aside to dry
- Peel wash and finely slice red onion.
- Core and cut apples to desired size (do not remove apple skin).
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice over cubed apples
- Mix apples, cranberries, walnuts, red onion, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Top salad with balsamic dressing of choice
Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Soy and
|Duck Breast with Cherry Chutney Recipe|
White House Luncheon Copycat Recipe
Modied for Paleo Diet
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Scant ¼ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper (½ medium)
- 1 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon mustard (soy free)
- 1 can (3 cups) Bing cherries
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- 10 (6 oz.) boneless duck breasts with skin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or chives
Method for chutney and glaze:
- Heat oil in a 2 to 3 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook onion, garlic, and shallot, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Add tomato paste, black pepper, cumin, hot pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine, vinegar (to taste), and raw honey and simmer approx 5 minutes. Stir in mustard, 1 1/2 cups cherries, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer 1 minute. Allow to cool slightly and reserve all but ¼ cup of the mix to the side. Place1/4 cup mix in a blender and puree until very smooth, about 1 minute (use caution when blending hot liquids). Reserve for glazing duck. To finish the chutney, add the remaining 1 ½ cups of cherries, tarragon, chives and all the golden raisins. Can be prepared one day ahead.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F. Score duck skin in a crosshatch pattern with a small sharp knife and season duck all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat water in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over low heat until hot, then add duck, skin side down. Cook duck, uncovered, over low heat, without turning, until most of fat is rendered(melted) and skin is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer duck to a plate and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Brush duck all over with cherry glaze and return to skillet, skin side up.
- Roast duck in oven until thermometer registers 135°F, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Holding a sharp knife at a 45-degree angle, cut duck into slices. Serve with cherry chutney. Garnish with fresh fruits and vegetables.
|Paleo Prime Rib Holiday Recipe|
Garlic cloves also enhances flavor.
- 1 (8 pound) prime rib
- 8 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/4 cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsn black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsn sea salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard powder
- Rinse and pat dry prime roast
- Insert garlic cloves throughout ribs interior
- Combine all spices and herbs (mix well)
- Rub prime rib with spices and herbs (cover rub rib equally)
- Put rubbed prime rib in glassed covered baking dish.
- Refrigerate over nite.
- Preheat over 325 degree F
- Place marinated prime rib on meat rack and cook for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Thermometer reading should be 140 degrees F (medium rare) and 170 degrees F (76 degrees C) for well done.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for approximate 30 minutes before Serving.
- 1 1/3 cup grape juice (unprocessed)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh garlic cloves
- 5 cups beef broth (unprocessed)
- 1 tablespoons lamb seasoning to taste.
- 1 tspn. sea salt to taste
- 1 tspn black pepper to taste
- In sauce pan bring coconut oil to high heat.
- In bowl mix parsley, garlic cloves and seasoning.
- Put parsley, garlic cloves and seasoning in sauce pan bring to boil then reduce heat.
- When vegetables tender stir in flour mixture stir well.
- Add in beef broth and grape juice blend until liquid mixture semi-thick.
- Remove from heat should have approximately 7 cups lamb sauce.
|Bacon Wrapped Enoki Mushroom Recipe|
- 6 slices of bacon cut in halves
- 8 ounces enoki mushrooms (cleaned and trimmed)
- Divide into 23-25 bundles
- 3 scallions cut into 3 inch lengths
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slightly soften bacon strips before wrapping.
- Place strip of scallion and enoki mushrooms in individual bacon strips.
- Roll bacon strip and mushrooms into tight cylinder and secure with tooth picks.
- Roast for approximately 18 minutes or until bacon brown and crispy.
- Remove wrap and let drain on paper towel strips.
- Remove toothpicks and SERVE
|Bacon Wrapped Mushroom Recipe|
Paleo Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Prepare vegetable differently for the Holidays. Season vegetables with olive oils, sea salt, rosemary, garlic and black pepper. Roast marinated vegetables until tender. Ideal vegetable recipes for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any special Holiday.
|Paleo Roasted Vegetable Recipe|
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 sliced green squash
- 4 fresh garlic clove slices
- 2 tsn chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tspn black pepper
- Mix olive oil, sea salt, rosemary and black pepper together in small bowl.
- Place vegetables in liquid mixture.
- Place coated vegetables in glass cookie sheet. Roast in preheated oven 425 degrees F.
- Roast until vegetables tender. The carrot will take longer.
- Remove from oven.
Paleo Arrowroot Bread Recipe
Paleo holiday bread recipes. Paleo bread recipe flour alternative arrowroot flour and cow's milk alternative is coconut milk. Put Paleo butters on bread. Paleo butter: coconut butter, almond butter or pecan butter.
|Paleo Arrowroot Bread Recipe|
- 1 1/2 cups arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dried herbs of choice
- Preheat oven 350F degrees
- Separate boil blend well egg, honey, almond or coconut milk.
- Combine wet ingredients to chopped walnuts, sea salt, herbs and arrowroot flour
- Mix well until smooth
- Coat baking pan with coconut oil
- Pour smooth ingredients into pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Paleo Nutty Fruit Ambrosia Recipe
Thanksgiving or Christmas Paleo Recipe. Nutty fruity ambrosia side dish. Recipes can be used as salad or side dish. Loaded with healthy fruits: mango, pineapple, kiwi, grapes and grated coconut. The nuts make is crunchy. May want to add sliced bananas (coat banana with lemon or lime juice).
|Paleo Health Side Dish or Dessert Recipe|
- 1 chopped ripe mango
- 1/2 cup fresh cut pineapple
- 2 peeled and sliced kiwi
- 1/2 pound red grapes
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Juice 1 orange or lime
- Combine and mix well all ingredients
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
|Paleo Appetizer Side Dish Recipe|
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 1 tspn grounded black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- In medium saucepan combine all ingredients EXCEPT MUSHROOM.
- Bring marinade to boil and reduce heat.
- Stir in mushroom and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in container.
- Cover container with marinated mushroom and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
Ho, Ho, Ho! Dairy Free Latte Recipe. This is a great treat for Santa Claus when he comes down the chimney Christmas Eve. Almond milk is unsaturated and contains calcium. Toast Christmas or usher in the New Year with this delicious Paleo pumpkin latte drink. Coffee is not allowed in Paleo Diet. Some Paleo Dieters drink coffee alway.What is not allowed is the caffeine in coffee. Alternatives can be decaffeinated coffee or espresso. Espresso contains a lesser amount of caffeine compared to brewed coffee. The choices are up to individuals. What is Latte without java?
|Paleo Pumpkin Latte Recipe|
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ( unprocessed)
- 2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup espresso or 1/2 cup strong decaffeinated coffee)
- In a saucepan combine almond milk, pumpkin and honey.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, put into blender and blend for approximately 15 seconds until foamy.
-If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it - just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
-Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.
-Top with almond cream and add pumpkin spices, cinnamon or nutmeg
|Paleo Egg Nog made with Almond or Hazelnut Milk|
Dairy and Gluten FREE
- 4 cups Brazil nut milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp grounded nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 peeled and ripe bananas
- Pour all together in blender. Spice to taste.
- Serve sprinkle with nutmeg.
|Paleo Custard Recipe|
|Paleo Diet and Wine|
and Icing Recipes
|Paleo Cookie Recipe|
3 cups Almond Flour/Meal
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 large Egg
1/4 cup raw honey or agave nectar
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup almond milk or coconut milk
Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, agave/honey.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Add in coconut milk and mix until ingredients smooth but firm.
- Separate dough into balls on parchment paper.
- Cover each piece of dough with another piece of parchment paper.
- Roll each piece to ⅛ inch thickness
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes
- Use Holiday shaped cookie cutters
- Cut each cookies to Desired shape with cookie cutter
Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on taste
Makes 32 cookies
Paleo Cookie Icing Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/4 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup agave or raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 5 tsp arrowroot powder (not 100% Paleo contains starch)
- 1/8 cup of coconut milk to dissolve arrowroot powder.
- Place a small sauce pan of low heat with cup of coconut milk, coconut oil, agave/honey and salt.
- In separate small bowl mix arrowroot powder and coconut milk.
- At low heat add in arrowroot paste (arrowroot & coconut milk). Arrowroot is a thickening agent. Total mixture should thicken and then let cool.
- In blender add cooled liquid from the stove.
- In approximately 30-60 seconds of blending the icing should become silky smooth again.
- Place in bowl and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes.
- If the icing gets too hard add small dash of coconut milk to soften.
- With spatula or butter knife spread icing across each cookie always towards edges.
HOME MADE FOOD COLOUR ALTERNATIVES:
Paleo Recipes do not allow any additives or preservatives home made food colors to add color to icing. Can homemake coloring or purchase for Wholefoods Market or Trader Joe's Market.
Red / Purple. Gently simmer raspberries, blueberries or mulberries in
water for 30 minutes. Once cooled you will need to sieve it twice. First time
you can just use the metal and squish the fruit to get the most liquid out.
Second time around lay two sheets of cooking muslin (or a tea towel) over
the sieve. Pour the liquid in but don’t’ squeeze – just let it drip at its own
pace. Cover with a third sheet as this will take 12-24 hours. Once all of the
liquid is through return to a clean saucepan and simmer to reduce to a thick
liquid. Store in fridge or freezer. Your colour will vary depending on the type
and ripeness of the berry.
Pink – Beetroot Juice much easier but watch out for the taste. Drain a tin of
beetroot. Simmer liquid slowly to reduce volume and increase colour
Yellow – Turmeric with a little hot water, use sparingly as the taste of the
turmeric will persist. For a more expensive solution you could use real
Green - Natural coloring can purchase at WholeFoods Market or Trader Joe's.
There are always turkey leftovers. Eating turkey the same way everyday is boring. Enjoy these delicious leftover turkey recipes. Enjoy Turkey Wraps, Turkey Salad and Turkey Soup Recipes.
Enjoy FREE Paleo Leftover Turkey Recipes.
|Paleo Lettuce Turkey Wrap Recipe|
|Paleo Turkey Salad Recipe|
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 3 fried bacon strips (each piece halved)
- 1 medium tomato slices
- 4-6 sliced turkey pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 salad dishes.
- Bed each dish with arugula
- Add fried bacon strips 3 halved strips per dish
- Top with tomato slices (to taste)
- Cover tomatoes with turkey strips
- Top with capers
- To taste add Paleo Balsamic Dressing
Paleo Balsamic Dressing Recipe
- In small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey
- 1 tsp nutmeg (to taste)
|Paleo Turkey Soup Recipe|
- 8 cups Turkey Stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turkey seasoning (to taste)
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups cup bok choy (Chinese cabbage) or regular cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh celery
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- Coarsely chopped fresh dill, for garnish
Lemon wedges, for serving
Bring stock to a boil, and season with salt, pepper and turkey seasoning. Add carrots, celery, cabbage and return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots, celery and cabbage are tender about 4 minutes. Stir in turkey. Let ingredients simmer for 2 hours. Sprinkle with dill, and serve
Paleo Dessert Ebook
Delicious Sweet Recipes
Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Processed Sugar Free
Disclaimer: This site does not imply an endorsement of the information or services provided. This information is not offered to be interpreted as medical or professional advice. All medical information needs to be carefully reviewed with your health care provider. Note: The tips on this site should not replace advice from your physician. Always check your physician before making any changes to your daily habits. Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate